Candy Hall of Fame
Nominations & Criteria
Induction into the Candy Hall of Fame is the highest honor in the confectionery industry. It is bestowed upon individuals across all disciplines who serve and support the confectionery category and have dedicated their careers to the overall betterment of the industry.
Candy Hall of Fame inductees exhibit exemplary service to the industry over and above their personal careers, consistently and substantively performing at a level beyond normal job requirements and expectations, resulting in significant contributions advancing the overall confectionery category and/or individuals within the category.
Inductees have had measurable impact in the industry, giving back through active participation in but not limited to trade associations, educational outreach, mentoring and community involvement.
Candy Hall of Fame members come from all disciplines within the confectionery industry, including but not limited to sales, engineering, marketing, purchasing, R&D, manufacturing and technology, as well as individuals who work in support of the industry including brokers, educators and equipment, ingredient and materials suppliers.
All nominees must meet criteria set forth by the NCSA Board of Directors and the Candy Hall of Fame Selection Committee as outlined below.
Nominations are welcomed from any source and must include proof the criteria below have been met. In addition, the Candy Hall of Fame Selection Committee accepts letters of support from individuals familiar with the nominee’s qualifications.
Candy Hall of Fame Nominating Criteria
- Twenty (20) years of service to the confectionery industry (buyers must have at least 10 years of experience) and 50 years of age at the time of nomination.
- Demonstrated loyalty to building and supporting the confectionery industry through active participation over and above job requirements.
- Significant contributions to the educational and/or professional development of the industry and its initiatives and programs.
- Must attend the Candy Hall of Fame Induction event (unless it is a posthumous induction).
- Unimpeachable record of integrity and respect.
- A current NCSA member.
- If retired or deceased, nomination must be within two (2) years of either event.
Note: Nomination does not assure selection; nominees are chosen based on their merits.