David Carsten Lueders
Inducted into the Candy Hall of Fame in 1974
David was born in 1922 in Bala-Cynwyd, PA. He attended Lower Merion High School and was president of the class of 1940. After serving in World War II, he attended the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and earned a B.S. in Economics.
David began his distinguished 43-year career in the candy business in 1948 as a sales associate for Richard E. Weinberg Co. where he called on the trade throughout Pennsylvania. In 1968, he founded the D.C. Lueders Co. a confectionery brokerage covering eastern and central Pennsylvania.
Throughout his career he was active in numerous candy organizations including the Pittsburgh Candy Club and the Central Pennsylvania Candy Salesmen’s Club of which he was a past president.
In 1966, David was designated a Candy Ambassador by the NCWA in recognition of his many years of dedication and contributions to the candy community.
The highlight of David’s career was being inducted into the Candy Hall of Fame in 1974. In 1979, he was elected president of the NCSA and, in that capacity, he promoted and furthered the importance of the organization.
David’s professional and cordial approach to selling and merchandising candy earned him the respect of his customers, manufacturers and his fellow brokers.
David died on July 23, 1991 and is lovingly remembered by his wife Gertrude and their three sons, David, Mark and John.